Fourtey

Some ideas, maybe do-able. 43

tl:dr Chicago (central host) for west coast players to get better connection, restrict players to their location in RANKED only (eu cant queue on na, and vice versa), Vote for season 3 KB, and Lunar client anticheat upgrades / fps improvements

Idea 1 : Ok, here the deal. I've owned or staffed servers and I know its not easy to do what I'm suggesting, but I trust you guys could do it since y'all have a client.

The problem.

Many players play on their opposite proxies of what they should and it really makes an issue that doesn't need to exist imo. SA players hardly EVER play on their SA host, yet they BEG for it and it's a waste of money on the companies end. I think queueing some SA kid in ranked is the most horrendous thing you can deal with on lunar. If you're going to pay for a proxy for EU and SA people to play on, you should restrict them to it. Same with NA people queuing on EU for delayed hits. I propose that whenever you connect to lunar, it geolocks you out of ranked if you're on NA and you're EU or SA. I think unranked is fine, but I'd also really like to see a system where if you're geolocked only /duel works and party fights of course. If you think this is a bad idea I completely understand, but here's the cold hard truth. People don't play on their proxies because they don't know how to play without lag.

update (pvp lounge did this but it was automatic so it felt kinda clunky)

Idea 2 :

I talked about "geolocking" people from playing ranked on EU if they're US or SA and vice versa already, so now lets make things better for the whole US region. I understand as someone who has ran a server a few times, the annoyance of "this host sucks" and whatnot. I feel like this is the best for EVERYONE that is actually in the "US" region however. I think you guys should really consider finding somesort of chicago hosting service for lunar. I know it's not as cheap as OVH but I highly doubt with people buying king rank, unbans, and emotes all the time that you can't afford a better host especially when you guys use tcpshield already. I don't know enough about hosts but I liked vultr whenever we hosted rengo on it, the only problem was we didn't have ddos prot on that host, which is what tcpshield is for but we didn't know about it at the time. The ping was much more stable for not just me, but for everyone I talked to except for the EU players (obviously).

Idea 3:

I also think that since you guys are providing to the community in hopes the community will buy things to make lunar profitable like lives, or emotes or at most a rank, that people should be able to vote on how certain things are. I'm excited for season 3 because all i've seen is lunar keep getting better in most aspects.

Change the kb : Look, I know it's irritating to deal with people complaining about the kb, but I think the way its set at the moment isn't really skillful it's all about who gets the first hit on someones back or something of that sort. Here's my opinion and I've heard tons of people agree :
Dev123 potpvp kb was fine and is perfect for the current playerbase cause you can strafe but also people who suck at that stuff can straightline.

If I was to be in charge of lunar prac here what I would do. I would make a tweet about season 3 and say something along the lines of "YOU get to vote for the kb this season, we will have unranked queues with each kb value"

Here's MY Ideal list (not everyones)

#1 keep the current KB

#2 use dev123 potpvp values

#3 Use Arcane season 3 values (Kohi but not quite cause spigot and whatnot)
example for someone who doesn't know what I mean : https://youtu.be/0qdY0VN4rJs

#4 Use MineHQ practice (cheatbreaker) values (lunar before lunar client)

idea 5 (kinda hard)

Remove AAL (not that simple ik cause like yall dont have the same anticheat as cb did, so you don't want it to be reversed easily cause its not as good but im sure with the money yall could hit up simon or earwax or something idk but I do know the fps is less than half i got on cb despite it being almost the same thing it also causes input lag, I can't tell exactly how much input lag but its noticable i made my friends do a blind test and they can tell something is up

I'm a weirdo and I don't sweat in ranked as much as I should so my Win to loss is really bad so I'm probably gonna get someone saying "look at your stats you just suck" but I'm gonna sweat season 3 cause im lowkey hyped to see what they do, even if they don't use my ideas I feel like they can deliver a pretty good result.

ty for reading

-fourt
Are you sure?
Please login to reply to this thread.
+1
Are you sure?
fat +1 to all this fighting players not from the correct region is the most cancer thing ever and ye something needs to be done about the kb and aal
Are you sure?
Fuck u sam
Are you sure?
this brian dawg
Are you sure?
I’m not Brian fuck u
Are you sure?
this shit fire fr!
Are you sure?
+1
Are you sure?
Hard +1 on geo locking
Are you sure?
Love the kb idea. Haven’t seen good kb in years.
Are you sure?
what would you vote for?
Are you sure?
dev123
Are you sure?
+1
Are you sure?
yea I'm tired of being shit because everybody else clicks 15 cps, holds down w and spacebar lol
Are you sure?
+1
Are you sure?
+1 very good
Are you sure?
+1
Are you sure?
+1
Are you sure?
+1 for the kb I like it
Are you sure?
I don't really know what this is but I was told to upvote so ok.
Are you sure?
Lets see if this post gets a reply
Are you sure?
lets hope so, i want to like lunar but its really the thing i play cause its the best out of all atm imo not cause its great
Are you sure?
I'm eu, and it's currently 1pm and there's only 5 people on eu. I agree with this +1.
Are you sure?
+1 for everything except for AAL Cause rn its actually a challenge to bypass with a full client, just minimize everything that you dont need before fullscreening into lunar client,

Geolocking can be a good idea but it can also not work properly. I'd say have a ping range instead which is much simpler since that's all that people actually care about not the location itself, and make it adjustable as in you can set it to the max ping you want to q is 50ms above your ping or something like that, so people can fight laggers if they really want to.
Are you sure?
Ive seen several bypasses because the anticheat from what ive heard isnt the same one cheatbreaker had so once AAL is fooled the anticheat is kinda garb. if they get a better anticheat deved by someone who has a ton of experience in anti cheat development like simon, then AAL isn't needed as much.

also whats the problem with geolocking it says in tos to not use VPNs with lunar so people who are doing that to bypass geolocks could get punished. MMC has the limiter but people still don't use their proxy / host so its literally money down the drain if they don't enforce it. also keep in mind this is for ranked only. you can still duel your friend from EU or SA or NA if you want to
Are you sure?
and with aal its better than cb as cb was garbo and literally every client dev was selling cheats for it. You dont really see people selling cheats for it rn.
Are you sure?
it can be broken cause sometimes it gets a diff location, and sometimes completely different countries from ips. if people like to play with lag just make a ping range so laggers just play with other laggers and good ping players play with other good ping players. a ping range takes a lot less time than geolocking and is based off preferances to who you feel like queuing. all we want is to not q laggers if we have good ping, if someone is from afghanistan but has 40 ping to the na proxy im fine with fighting them(though that will never hapoen)
Are you sure?
what do you mean by diff location? the location would've been chicago for na, it wouldn't change. Pretty much all of europe would get under 100ms infact russia and like middle eastern places might get like 120ms which is pretty manageable. by geolocation i mean like the vicinity thats closest to EU gets the EU server for ranked. same with the canadians and US. I must be missing something but the ping limiter on MMC did basically nothing with this problem server spending wise. they pay for an SA host so the sa people can play SA and they don't they should be forced to or just remove the SA server and let them cry about it cause the current way people deal with this is a waste of money
Are you sure?
Im not too good at explaining things, in short if you get a working ping range so you only q people w under 100 ms it should be fine if eus and sas dont want to play there server thats their problem, they just wont q low pings anymore
Are you sure?
EUS MAKE THEIR OWN SERVER DEAD “no people on it” THEN LOG ON TO IT AND PLAY THEN PEOPLE WILL See oh wow there is some people on and go on eu (you get the point)
Are you sure?
if you're going to pay an extra 50 or so for an EU host you should force people to use it that was the point of geolocking or its just lost money. SA players play NA all the time and because of that servers lost money hosting SA cause like 5 percent of the SA community actually uses the SA servers. Remove SA and all the sa players throw a fit but bring it back and no one uses it so you gotta enforce it
Are you sure?
+1
Are you sure?
Nice post, keep this up.
Are you sure?
On idea 1: Minemen club is the epicenter for EU potpvp right now, so if we could snag all their players with a new update (1.8.9) or cool gamemodes (UHC, Meetup, etc.) EUs wouldn't have to queue NA to get fights.
Are you sure?
*1 but maybe limit ping to exstend. EU serveurs are not half smooth as NA serveurs, and peoples like me. I am the EUA, and since kohi i always play on the NA serveur. Im find NA serveur smoother, but everything else i am +1.

Maybe add votepool for the maps and theme too maybe its good idea. I thinking of adding mods to hcf. Custom mods make different experience and if you’re change mod every map it makes it new
Are you sure?
I'm from SA and i NEVER play lunar na/eu cause of the lag. But i don't even play on the SA Proxy because there's NO PEOPLE (or there's like 10-20 and all of them random people and 20 cps cheaters, any youtuber/famous/media).
If Lunar adds a geolock by proxies, Lunar would not exist for Me / Sa players. And the other thing is that people who have friends in other regions, can't play together.
The main idea in fact, isn't that bad, but if you think to make it real, it sucks.
Are you sure?
nah you can still play with your friends, just not in ranked. unranked / duels still work and aren't geolocked I feel like maybe i didn't make that clear enough cause tons of people have said the same thing 2 me on discord
Are you sure?
So you will have to switch the server everytime you wanna fight a friend next to play ranked? that you'r saying is that (as my case that im from SA) i can normally play at NA, but if i want to play ranked i MUST get on SA proxy switching ip and stuff (kinda boring), but isn't that bad, but the biggest problem that i have/we have (sa LEGIT community) is that NO ONE plays on our proxy, and if you add that the unique difference betweet NA and SA is that you only can play ranked on SA, letme tell you my friend, that the monkeys that gonna play ranked from SA community will be the cheaters/20cps autoclickers.
That's not only the SA ppl like, the community of EU and NA are mixed so it doesn't seems that bad as the sa comm, but in the case of NA/EU people, happend the same as my community but with a diferent scale of players (and in this case, there's some people that play ranked legitly)
Are you sure?
Another thing, when i go on EU i get 209 ms and on NA i get 90...
Are you sure?
Wtf? Maybe their eu host is messed up
Are you sure?
I'm pretty sure they don't have the dev123 values cuz otherwise they'd of used them already
Are you sure?
Ehh idk I think they are pandering to people who have bad movement. I could be wrong tho. Pretty sure dev123 is just reduced kohi value friction and like 75 h/v
Are you sure?
+1 i thing they should also make a texas proxy for us people so ping is better on average for west and east coast players
Are you sure?
probably not texas, canadians play too and everyone from texas will get like 70ms at most to the chicago host anyways... maybe if we wanted the mexico people to have an okay connection but I don't think US Central south is the best way to deal with that

edit im from texas
Are you sure?
i get 70ms to texas servers and im canadian, but I live close to the border so I get good ping basically everywhere. People in other provinces will probs get 80-100+

also im getting sub 20ms rn to lunar na
Are you sure?
yeah aint reading all dat
Are you sure?
added a tl;dr if you want to read that :)
Are you sure?
thats yo choice men
Are you sure?