Jordan

Percentage Based KOTHs 79

Hey guys, today we're going to be talking about changes coming to Squads (and possibly Teams) regarding events such as KOTHs, and hopefully Citadels.

It is no surprise to anyone that KOTHs and Citadels have become extremely stale and factions who actually try to cap, are the ones who get punished because of people knocking in the last 60 seconds. We're going to be attempting to fix this issue and change how these events are played with percentage based capture points.

Keep in mind: We will be tweaking this system as the map progresses. We still have the original KOTH system and we may alternate between the two. End KOTH and Nether KOTH will be the regular 15 minute KOTHs.

Capping
In order to cap a KOTH, a team will have to sit on cap for the usual 15 minutes, however, instead of the time going down from 15 minutes and resetting whenever it gets knocked, your team will be accumulating percentage points, first to 100% wins.

Contesting
If another team steps on the capture point whenever someone is capping, the original capper's percentage will freeze. It will only start up again once every member of the other team is off of the capture point.

Stages
This new KOTH system will be split up between 4 stages. In order to finish Stage 1, a faction must cap 25% of the capture points (aka stay on cap for 225 seconds). When a faction finishes Stage 1 and doesn't get passed another Stage they will receive a Stage 1 Key at the end of the event, Stage 2, 3, and 4 work the same way (see below).

The higher the Stage Key, the better the loot table will be. Hypothetically, there could be different factions to who win different stages, but the "true winner" is the faction who finishes all 4 stages. KOTHs keys will be rewarded at the end of the KOTH (whether all stages is finished or if it is terminated). If a faction caps more than one stage, they will only get one key from the stage they ended on. The KOTH key will be rewarded to the highest ranking team member online.

Stage 1 - 25% - Stage 1 Key
Stage 2 - 50% - Stage 2 Key
Stage 3 - 75% - Stage 3 Key
Stage 4 - 100% - Stage 4 Key

Percentage Decay
Since factions love not doing anything during events and logging on a full team last second to knock and/or cap, we are going to be rewarding the teams who actually contest the event.

If a team is off of the cap, their percentage will decay 1% for every 27 seconds that they are off the cap. However, if a team completes a stage, their percentage decay will not go below that stage. For example, if a team caps 30% of a KOTH and then gets off of cap, their percentage will never go below 25% (Stage 1). This applies to all other stages as well.

Visual Explanation
• The faction "Lunar" is currently on cap with two stages completed and uncontested (green arrow): http://prntscr.com/ncradi
• The faction "idk" is losing percentage points because they are not on cap (red arrow): http://prntscr.com/ncradi
• The faction "Lunar" is the only one on the scoreboard and is being contested by another faction (gray arrow): http://prntscr.com/ncrd7v
• Both factions "idk" and "Lunar" have percentage points on the scoreboard and both are on cap being contested (gray arrows): http://prntscr.com/ncrb67
Are you sure?
Please login to reply to this thread.
Very well thought out, not sure if it will work until we actually get our hands dirty but excited to play!
Are you sure?
Yup! We're open to suggestions and will tweak it as the map progresses,
Are you sure?
oh thank god
next step is to balance classes for teams
Are you sure?
XD
Are you sure?
Yo question lets say if someone was on cap and they die does that team lose a certain number of percentage points?????
Are you sure?
Nope.
Are you sure?
XD
Are you sure?
enable invis please dad
Are you sure?
updated lunar.gg/squads-map1
Are you sure?
XD
Are you sure?
big brain big dick moves
Are you sure?
For some of you guys that are confused. You only receive the stage key for the stage you end on. Multiple factions can get a Stage 2 key if they end on Stage 2. We want it like this so contesting KOTHs are actually worth it because you will almost always get something in return. We will be tweaking the way these KOTHs work over time after we get some gameplay feedback, thank you guys for responding some concerns/ideas.
Are you sure?
Interesting, could be fun
Are you sure?
Honestly, if I can speak my mind, this is a terrible idea. You are effectively making every single koth conquest which defeats the purpose. I just dont think this is a very good idea but I seriously applaud the effort. There are other ways to mix shit up then this. It's just to weird and makes it so not the best fac can cap. The fac that is the best online at the time should cap it. Period the end. This seems like a way of allowing facs that arent necessarily better simply more active to cap koths. End of the day this seems like a way to let dawn cap a citadel bc they clearly cant cap it normally like every other goddam fac on the planet. Edit: seriously tho. Most of the people you talk to and allow opinions from are dawn members cus they are more 'known'. I'm not even talking about my faction, but any faction.
Are you sure?
Bro this is nothing like conquest brother. 1.Conquest Has 4 or 5 cap zones
2. You get points from conquest not percentages
3. You dont lost percentage from players dying.
4. You dont lose points for not being on cap on conquest
5. There are stages that you are rewarded from.

Like conquest and this are two seperate things. And i dont know where you got dawn from out of all of this
Are you sure?
somehow something is always our fault. you're a fucking retard.
Are you sure?
did you even read the idea? Seems like you did not, and you're wrong ab the staff listening to dawn members.
Are you sure?
listen shower don't fuck with me like u don't agree. this is legitimately a perfect storm for their fac. we aren't friends at all but u can at least agree that its clearly biased in some way
Are you sure?
i dont agree that its bias for dawn in anyway. The idea is not turning every koth into a conquest btw.
Are you sure?
Listen you fool. this is the most biased idea i have ever seen. dawn are corrupt influential scumbags!
Are you sure?
looks good.
Are you sure?
Something new
Are you sure?
litty like a titty
Are you sure?
Solid blueprint. Let’s see how this goes.
Are you sure?
(Mainly for teams) What’s stopping a solo from watching two factions fight it out and then start capping when they are either chasing or repotting?
Are you sure?
Well, if they do get a Stage 1 key, the loot will not be as good.

Additionally, their faction will show up on the scoreboard and people will be able to /f who them.

If they capture the KOTH, then that's on the people who did not contest - and this would also be possible on the 15 minute cap system.
Are you sure?
Any chance we could be shown the loot table for each key and make suggestions to it?
Are you sure?
If it’s a 15 minute koth and each stage is 25% that means it only takes 3 minutes and 45 seconds to get to each stage. Unless people make bases 500 away from the koth (which is extremely unlikely because most people will be making a base around citadel) and pot speed and pearl all the way there, there’s not enough time to knock that solo.
I like the concept, but it’s already annoying when you get knocked and while you are fighting another faction hops on cap and gets it down 8 minutes by the time the fights done forcing you to rush repotting and running back in order to get there in time for the knock.
Are you sure?
Like I said in the beginning of the post this koth system isn't going to be perfect when we start out, HCF needs change its been the same for 4+ years. If the stages are too easy to get done then we can always up the time it's not hard we just gotta fine tune it. Not going to mess with it until players get their hands on it and actually run fights. Also keep in mind factions can contest these koths so it will slow the cap time if someone is there stalling. This system is going to be different for everyone people will have to come up with new strategies like they've been doing for 4+ years.
Are you sure?
The fact that they spent the time to think this out is AMAZING. I don’t think anyone should really HATE it until they try it out. Have your opinions but they obviously put a lot of work into it so we should play it out and see how it works.
Are you sure?
once the event has begun it would be cool to link the post in chat, so people who do not know about how the event works learn to play it
Are you sure?
So basically gonna turn citadel into conquest, nice dude makes sense
Are you sure?
If you think this is conquest you obviously did not read the post.
Are you sure?
https://youtu.be/oXBssc3FX5I this is what johnzeh did for hcfrevival. basically 1 min cap and u get a ticket (15 tickets to win for koth) (30 for palace) if another fac steps on it its contested and timer doesnt move. if another fac caps a ticket, every other facs tickets get subtracted by 3
Are you sure?
pfft HCF Revival whoooo? random
Are you sure?
confusing
Are you sure?
First
Are you sure?
On JAH
Are you sure?
So there is no point in stacking or suicide stacking or knocking all you have to do is stnd in the cap zone and in a 30v30 it is very rare someone is off capzone
Are you sure?
Skr
Are you sure?
Really creative, this is actually going to be interesting.
Are you sure?
very weird system but sounds good
Are you sure?
So does this mean you cant have 1 player back at base base bitching?
Are you sure?
Add to bunkers
Are you sure?
hi bro, nice idea bro. Have you seen my suggestion for the HCF? mate.
Are you sure?
This would be insane for powers it will force factions to go earlier, Squads would be a fuck fest I think but would be fun, it's different and I like this alot.
Are you sure?
pa ñeri no entendi una verga saia?
Are you sure?
Sounds pretty cool, will players lose like 5-10% or something like that per member death or nah?
Are you sure?
Been a while my friend Sam <3
Are you sure?
Nope.
Are you sure?
So for the normal end and nether koths, will the cappers recieve a stage 4 key for capping or will it still be its own separate key? And I love this idea!
Are you sure?
It'll be a regular KOTH key that picks loot from the Stage 4 loot table.
Are you sure?
umh
Good idea
Are you sure?
Test it out on squads it seems cool but not sure how it will work on teams
Are you sure?
Hey dont know how it'll turn out but thats the whole point of the first map. Excited
Are you sure?
This seems really fun, good shit
Are you sure?
I think if a member dies you should lose a certain percentage
Are you sure?
No, we aren't going to be doing this. Then it will be too competitive - that's what Conquest is for (if we end up doing it).
Are you sure?
Looking forward to seeing how this good idea works out :D
Are you sure?
now this is epic.
Are you sure?
so its possible for lets say like 3 facs to get to stage 3 and all of them get stage 3 keys and then the winner fac gets 1 stage 4 key
Are you sure?
Possible? Yes.

Likely? No.
Are you sure?
ok just wanted to make sure i understood the system
Are you sure?
[Deleted]
Are you sure?
I think making only 2 stages would be better, 50 percent (stage 1) 100 percent (stage 2) or (finaly stage) cause for example to get to stage 1 u only need to be on cap for about 4m, wich isn't a very long time at all, and once u do that u get a key + u only need 75 more percent.
Are you sure?
You only get a key at the end of the koth.
Are you sure?
Yeah but what i mean is that its really easy to sit 4m on cap without getting knocked even as a solo and then if u do that u just got to kite when people come and when those people get knocked and have to repot u only have to sit on cap for 11m and then when he gets to stage 2 (50 percent) he can kite again when other people come and just wait for those other people to get knocked again and will only have to cap for 7m. I didn't explain it very well but look at what ecksreaper replied to you, thats my main concern with this.
Are you sure?
We'll have to see how it goes and tweak it if needed.
Are you sure?
hmm, if this doesn’t work out then can it be possible to revert back to the original way?
Are you sure?
Yes it is still there for End and Nether KOTHs
Are you sure?
ah ly baby
Are you sure?
Are we going to see this system in Bunkers?
Are you sure?
Possibly if it goes well, thinking about doing something different for Bunkers though.
Are you sure?
More excited for this tbh, will bunkers be open upon release?
Are you sure?
Yes
Are you sure?
Sick, im hyped.
Are you sure?
Would a faction which completes all 4 stages get 4 different keys?
Are you sure?
No, they would only receive a Stage 4 key which is the best loot.
Are you sure?
Should give them all the keys, they won it so they should get the most loot from it, however everyone else should only get 1 key, for the highest stage they got to.
Are you sure?
Can’t wait to see how this turns out!
Are you sure?
For the decay part. There should be a time limit bc say ur low and u go and repot but u don't want to leave a person on cap, than u lose points so if ur off for a certain amount of time you should lose 1% every 10secs.
Are you sure?
All about strategy. I guess in this scenario you would leave a person on cap, if you don't want to do that, then you will lose some points.

If you wanted to repot in the old system, and didn't want to leave someone on cap, you would lose all the progress and the koth would go back up to 15 minutes. This new system actually makes it easier to do that.
Are you sure?
Ye ig. Not a bad idea at all just thought maybe a time based thing would make it easier ig but I get it. Great concept.
Are you sure?
Yep.

Also, its 27 seconds, not 10. Post has been edited.
Are you sure?
dont make this for hcteams
Are you sure?
PFI 1
Edited
Why tho ??? just use the old system with minutes // seconds no point in doing that extra shit also i personally dont fuck with the idea of giving 4 keys for 1 normal koth
Are you sure?
Everyone has been asking for us to change the events, which have been the same for 4+ years, so we're doing it.

We're going to go ahead and see how this goes and if needed, make changes to it.

Also: please read the post. "If a faction caps more than one stage, they will only get one key from the highest stage."
Are you sure?
I like the change but if it clearly doesn't workout halfway through the map, could it change mid map?
Are you sure?
Yea the old KOTH system is still in
Are you sure?
Understandable but honestly i dont think thats a great idea but thats just my opinion but atleast change the 4 key thing
Are you sure?
[Deleted]
Are you sure?
Yes
Are you sure?
neat
Are you sure?
Interesting.
Are you sure?
Upvote for ghoultrooper
Are you sure?
this is weird