Jordan

UHC: Suggestions & Updates 42

Hey guys, first off I want to thank you for all the support on our UHC servers. Just a week ago we had a 450 man fill, something that we have not seen in a very long time.

With games being hosted more often, we want to adjust them every so often so they do not get stale. We have been listening to your suggestions, and are currently in the works in trying to change the meta, especially towards the end of the game.

However, for now, we are changing a few things up in order to make the end of the games more enjoyable. We can't get into too much details, but we nerfed XP in the Nether & Overworld. We also changed up how border shrinks endgame, when the border hits 250x250 it will shrink based on how many players remaining instead of the usual border timer. We also did a few other things that we will not be getting into, so you will have to login and see how it is. Going to be doing some test games shortly.

We want to continue to improve UHC, so please leave any and all suggestions below.
Are you sure?
Please login to reply to this thread.
host more uhcs at night. Everyones sleep schedule is broken and we all stay up late so late night uhcs will be fun. it wouldnt hurt to host more anyway.
Are you sure?
even if it gets 100 player fills we dont care
Are you sure?
No it will get stale like that
Are you sure?
+1
Are you sure?
Ye
Are you sure?
That's true haha
Are you sure?
Agreed. +1
Are you sure?
Bring corner tps back
Are you sure?
No they take no skill they are low risk high reward
Are you sure?
should be punished for not making corner, should time everything out right
Are you sure?
Then that’s taking away from someone who chooses to fight and making it easier for someone to avoid fighting and still get stuff.
Are you sure?
then shouldn't fight ???
Are you sure?
Yes +1
Are you sure?
+1
Are you sure?
u dirty boi
Are you sure?
+1
Are you sure?
I like the shrink idea, makes it unique. I think a big improvement would be to host an equal amount of EU and NA games, this will stop the NA players from complaining about playing against laggy people and it will also prevent the EU players from lagging. :)
Are you sure?
Exactly
Are you sure?
adding EU games will make fills shit, -1
Are you sure?
Are you sure?
well yeah well done because the majority of players are EU so why are the servers so NA biased when there are more EU players? nice one
Are you sure?
how is it bias lmfao EU will have ass fills too because NA players cant play EU
Are you sure?
EU players manage to play NA? Why can't you play EU lmao
Are you sure?
+1
Are you sure?
I believe that many of the people that play the UHCs on Lunar if not the majority are from EU (I am pretty sure Admins could check for exact values) so I do not understand why Lunar does barely host any EU games? Even though most of the staff team and the hosts are NA they should also host EU games, it's kinda unfair that it's always the EU people that are disadvantaged although there are always many of them in the UHCs until like 23:00 UTC so please consider hosting about 30-50% of these games on the European proxy.
Are you sure?
broken my sleep schedule for the craft
Are you sure?
Same. :)
Are you sure?
Well said. +1
Are you sure?
increase the diamond rates a little
Are you sure?
no
Are you sure?
I personally don't like chasing bots in full dia because it allows them to run longer js.
Are you sure?
Agreed. +1
Are you sure?
slightly increase dia rates
and nobody fights in 250x250
therefore they should make it based on how many left in 500x500
250x250 is a waste of a border
Are you sure?
Dont increase dia rates wtf.... people want snowballing and that makes it worse. Snowballing already is horrible so increasing them makes the problem worse and why do dia rates need to be higher if there are no cheaters. Old youtubers mainly have not been playing because of how the meta is and ore rates are a huge part of that, they liked to be able to snowball or border and now border is the only option.
Are you sure?
well, i feel as if they are consistently inconsistent
Are you sure?
thats true but that only gets worse by increasing them
Are you sure?
remove Bed Bombs
Are you sure?
+1
Are you sure?
remove 250x250? no one does shit in it
Are you sure?
+1
Are you sure?
+1
Are you sure?
1. Repair armor on kills
2. Drop more healing/gold on kills
3. Drop more levels on kills.

Fighting is more punishable than camping the whole game. This wasn't the case for much of UHCs history but on lunar it's a huge problem. Work towards rewarding fighting rather than the team with the most kills losing the game because they have no healing.
Are you sure?
why would repairing armour ever be an improvement, and why drop "more" healing/gold, you get what they have tf
Are you sure?
because fighting is bad on this server u lose all ur armor and healing..... why should fighting be punishable over camping?
Are you sure?
If you drop them fast you dont lose as much durability and healing, take your time and well.. that's your own fault really..
Are you sure?
people can just camp tho is what hes saying which is the least amount of skill out of the three.
Are you sure?
repair armor on kills will lead to kids being even more stacked....
Are you sure?
Agreed. +1
Are you sure?
Agreed. +1
Are you sure?
higher the diamond rates
Are you sure?
1. Kill incentives : I think that the more kills you get the more rewards like for each kill you get one more level or one gap or something. This would promote snowballing and play styles that chose to go for kills rather than cave all game.
2. Remove noclean + in 100 kids can just rod their friend and save their armor. Or if your really stacked you can all in anyone and play as stupid as you want with no repricutions.
3. Make prot book and sharpness books less common to enchant or make it more levels to make p3/s4
4. Supporting creators: as of right now the main player base that plays lunar uhc is people who have played uhc. That player base can’t run on forever. In order for lunar to survive they need to bring in new players and the best way to do that is by supporting existing content creators and reaching out to creators in other communities in order to build the 1.7 uhc player base (Sorry if a lot of shit is miss spelled or if I sound stupid I’m typing this on my phone)
Are you sure?
Agreed. +1
Are you sure?
Scatter diamonds more evenly.
Are you sure?
less diamonds
Are you sure?
Lower ore rates to bring snowballing back. Horses and bows are basically useless after 35 minutes. Plus you have a higher chance of attracting a bigger audience if the ore rates aren't crazy high, reddit and hypixel players are used to being able to snowball and not mining all game. A lot of Lunar players have experience with that meta too so its not a huge switch for them either. There is no need for diamond rates to be high because they were only increased because of xrayers which isn't a problem now. More youtubers will play too and I'm talking about the older and bigger ones like Ngal, Ginger, xhockey, and probably some bigger hypixel yters will try this out if it isn't this full dia only fights meta rn.
Are you sure?
my suggestions is that free sets free pots
Are you sure?
Really nice update but this boring end games can be fixed putting Vanilla Caves honestly
Are you sure?
Why aren't you able to spectate UHCs after they've started? I think you should be able to. When you do /config during a game, it says that Spectating is enabled, even though it obviously isn't. What's your thoughts on this?
Are you sure?
eu uhc servers
Are you sure?
They already exist.
Are you sure?
Make default Ultra Uhc
Dont change something / back old xp rate / old dia rate
All players want to snowball
Are you sure?
Agreed. +1
Are you sure?
lower dia rates and fix eu proxy pls, i can't play a single eu uhc without getting 200 ping
Are you sure?
Agreed about the EU proxy section, I think diamond rates should be increased. +1
Are you sure?
decrease dia rates
Are you sure?
I think they are too low.
Are you sure?
Listen to everything spikemc wrote...
Also maybe host Cold Weapons instead of fireless every second UHC
Yeah but ur suggestions are good
Are you sure?
bring in more scenarios like Timber, Hastey Boys, Infinite enchanter, Double ores, Blood diamonds, etc. Announce and do games that are Team of 10 or Team of 6, make it more diverse and not just your regular cut clean, no clean, time bomb.
Are you sure?
remove 250x250? no one does shit in it
Are you sure?
Also can u fix the kb the people that have a lot of ping no takes kb like 0 also normal people dont take kb at all
Are you sure?
Mhmm, I agree. +1
Are you sure?
make hige dia rate
Are you sure?
No diamonds rates are too hight honestly same with caves
Are you sure?
Exactly
Are you sure?
I agree, diamond rates should be increased. +1
Are you sure?
good shit, xp was a huge issue
Are you sure?
Agreed. +1
Are you sure?
Host more late UHCs, and i recommand hosting more higher team games like to4, to3, to5, etc.. makes it more fun i feel as if everygame is a to2 or FFA.
Are you sure?
host a even number of ffas and team games !
Are you sure?
Do all day host games
and give peole host rank
Are you sure?
FLOWER POWER AND MOLES
Are you sure?