Map 3.5 SOTW will be taking place next Saturday (November 23rd) at 3PM EST.
Information regarding Map 3.5 can be found here: https://lunar.gg/teams-sotw
I also want to inform everyone that we will be posting updates in our official Telegram chat (in addition to everywhere else). Join here: https://t.me/lunarnetwork
Before I get into this post, I just want to say that after taking a break from Teams for nearly 3 months, we’re excited to start back up! We know you have all been waiting for this and we hope you guys haven’t drained yourself too too much on kitmaps and in box fights.
The purpose of Map 3.5 will be mainly to stress test our plugins and ensure that there are no major bugs or issues. This will set Map 4 up to be the best and most successful Map that we’ve had. With that being said, there will be no spawning in of bases for Map 3.5. That would not resemble a real SOTW, which is what we need in order to fully test the server’s performance.
The team size for Map 3.5 will be 25 mans with no allies. The kit for the Map will be Protection 2, Sharpness 3, Power 4. Classes will be enabled (with the exception of Rogue), but they will be limited to two bards and two archers per team. Map 3.5 will have at least one Citadel, and we are hoping to do an Invasion test as well. This may happen during the week as it will be during Thanksgiving break. We’ll announce the events a few days prior to them being hosted.
Features and changes:
• Factions will have 5 force invites. Force invites will be enabled only 24 hours after SOTW and will reset on Tuesday, Thursday, and before/after any major event.
• Factions will be denied entry to the Citadel claim if they have less than 12 members online.
• Archer now has energy, just like Bard. Speed, Jump Boost, and Resistance will all require 45 energy to use.
• The bard range has increased to 30, they cannot give passive strength or resistance, and the energy required to give resistance has been increased to 45.
• 8 DTR
• DTR loss in End and Nether is 0.75
• Archer and Bard will lose 0.25 less DTR than what they would normally lose upon dying. For example, in Nether, regular DTR loss is 0.75, so an Archer/Bard would lose 0.50 if they died.
• Combat tag system
• Roster lock during events
We want to encourage leaders who disbanded their factions before the map even began to, at the very least, give it a try for Map 3.5.
Lastly, we want to say that Map 3.5 will be the first of many updates coming to Lunar in the coming month. Thank you as always, and we’ll be keeping an eye out on our forums for feedback.